Travel insights from MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises’ autumn schedule offers stunning itineraries off the east coast of North America and up to Canada, promising guests a truly unique cruise experience aboard MSC Meraviglia. Guests can embark on an unforgettable journey this September and October for 10- or 11-night cruises sailing from New York.
Renowned for incredible scenery during the fall, New England and Canada offer guests the perfect opportunity to witness the changing of the seasons as they visit a long list of picturesque ports. Whether it’s seeing world-famous historical sites, admiring the incredible landscapes and spectacular vibrant hues of autumn leaves, or savoring the famed cuisines of the East Coast, these unique itineraries have something for everyone.
While sailing the North Atlantic coast, guests can make the most of MSC Meraviglia’s array of exceptional amenities and varied onboard experiences, including the ship’s wide range of gourmet dining options, world-class entertainment, award-winning facilities for families and children of all ages and luxurious spa and wellness, all while relaxing in comfortable accommodations designed for every season.
MSC Meraviglia is homeporting year-round in New York and will also offer select cruises to New England and Canada in 2024.
MSC Meraviglia fall itinerary highlights include:
- Take a Bite of the Big Apple – MSC Meraviglia’s itinerary will set sail from New York City, offering guests the chance to visit the city that never sleeps and its endless unforgettable experiences. From viewing the iconic Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty, marveling at the dazzling Manhattan skyscrapers, getting lost in the city’s lively neighborhoods, and visiting world-class museums, to a relaxing stroll in Central Park to witness the majestic autumn foliage, this magnificent city is a top destination any time of year.
- Experience the Elegance & Charm of Newport – Newport, situated on the southern coast of Rhode Island, is a charming waterfront town known for its stunning architecture, historic Gilded Age mansions and beautiful scenic coastal views. The city has a variety of attractions to explore, including the historic Cliff Walk with a walking trail along the beautiful rocky shoreline, the iconic Newport Mansions, and the historic Fort Adams State Park with gorgeous views of Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay.
- Walk Through America’s History at Boston’s Historical Sites – Explore Boston — a modern and dynamic city full of rich culture and history. The city’s cutting-edge architecture contrasts with Boston’s famous Freedom Trail, which is lined with historic landmarks including Boston Common, the oldest public park in the United States. Sports fans can visit historic Fenway Park, the oldest and most legendary stadium in Major League Baseball and home to the Red Sox.
- Explore Nova Scotia’s Natural Beauty – Nova Scotia, Canada, is known for its charming fishing villages, beautiful beaches and captivating shorelines. Halifax, the seaside capital city of Nova Scotia, is renowned for its strong maritime heritage and provides a taste of Canada’s natural beauty. Guests can enjoy a stroll on one of world’s longest continuous waterfront boardwalks full of fantastic restaurants and a range of cultural attractions, visit the city’s impressive historical landmarks including its hilltop citadel dating back to the 18th century, or head to the small fishing village of Peggy’s Cove, well-known for its picturesque red and white lighthouse, one of the most iconic and popular spots in Nova Scotia.
- Visit the Great Outdoors of New Brunswick – New Brunswick, Canada’s beautiful maritime province, is a must-visit for outdoor adventures with its striking coastline, lush forests and wildlife including moose, whales and seals. Guests can explore the charming and historic port city of Saint John, located in the Bay of Fundy and home to beautiful historic streets, the nature trails of Rockwood Park and spectacular sea views.
- 6. Discover the Best of Portland’s Cultural Attractions – Portland, Maine offers a wealth of cultural attractions and beautiful views of the Atlantic coast. Travelers can explore the city’s enchanting lighthouses, historical architecture, and varied outdoor activities while enjoying some of the freshest seafood in the country. The city’s top attractions include the Old Port District, where guests can take a leisurely walk through cobblestone streets full of historic buildings. Art lovers can’t miss the Portland Museum of Art’s impressive collection, which features works from local and world-famous artists alike. The local beer and world-famous Maine lobster make for an unforgettable lunch.
To find out more about MSC Meraviglia’s New England and Canada itineraries, please contact Cruise Trip Planner for more information.